cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Retrieve Dropbox Business plan level via API

Retrieve Dropbox Business plan level via API

Ryan_C
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hello. I am trying to determine the dropbox plan level of a dropbox tenant via the API (eg Advanced or Standard). Is this possible?

Or perhaps infer the plan level by checking some feature set only available on the advanced plan?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for following up with the additional information! The Dropbox API unfortunately also doesn't offer a way to check whether SSO is available/enabled, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

tahsini
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

There is not a way via the API to differentiate between Advanced or Standard. Is there a specific reason you are wanting to differentiate between Advanced or Standard?

For instance, by calling the features/get_values endpoint for a connected Dropbox Business account you will be returned with the different features that are enabled for that account. From this returned information you can infer what capabilities a team has.

Ryan_C
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi Tahsini,

Thank you for your reply.

I look after about 45 different customers Dropbox tenants. While most of them are on DB Advanced, there are some that aren't.

I'm looking to automate much of the new user onboarding process, and so would like to be able to determine if a tenant is on Advanced or Standard, primarily so I know if it has SSO enabled.

If there is another endpoint on the API that I can use to determine SSO functionality that would be perfect.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for following up with the additional information! The Dropbox API unfortunately also doesn't offer a way to check whether SSO is available/enabled, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though. 

Need more support?