cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieve link to dropbox folder in VBA

Retrieve link to dropbox folder in VBA

Paul T.42
New member | Level 1

Using VBA (Access) I have automated copying a bunch of folders and files into a Dropbox folder. This process is repeated for several people (with different source folders and files) and I would really like to complete the automation by creating a standard email with a link to the Dropbox folder just created for them. At the moment I am using the Share - Send Link function in Dropbox to obtain the dropbox.com address of the folder which I then copy into the email. IS there a way that I can grab the link information in VBA so that the process can be fully automated?

2 Replies 2

Re: Retrieve link to dropbox folder in VBA

Steve M.
Dropboxer

I'm not that familiar with VBA, but I think this should be possible. The /shares endpoint will give you the same kind of link as "Share - Send Link" in Dropbox itself.

Before you can call that, you'll need to create an API app and get an access token for the user who owns the Dropbox account. You might want to take a look at one of the tutorials for the Core API to get started.

Re: Retrieve link to dropbox folder in VBA

Paul T.42
New member | Level 1

Thanks Steve. Gives me a good place to start. Would still appreciate some help from someone familiar with VBA

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Paul T.42 New member | Level 1
    Steve M. Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?