cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save shared folder to my dropbox by API ?

Save shared folder to my dropbox by API ?

TungNguyen
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hello,

How to save shared folder that provided to my web app by my client to my dropbox account by Dropbox API ? (Like goto dropbox share link and click "Save to my dropbox")

Selection_036.jpg

Pls help me, thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Unfortunately, the Dropbox API doesn't offer a way to add a folder from a Dropbox shared link directly to an account via the API, without downloading and re-uploading it. We'll consider this a feature request for a way to do so.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Unfortunately, the Dropbox API doesn't offer a way to add a folder from a Dropbox shared link directly to an account via the API, without downloading and re-uploading it. We'll consider this a feature request for a way to do so.

dclancer
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

There has got to be a better way to move files shared to my own account without downloading, zipping, and then moving them. This will take quite a while to accomplish.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@dclancer Can you elaborate on what you're trying to do? This thread was originally about accessing a particular piece of functionality via the Dropbox API. If you're not a programmer using the Dropbox API, you may be better served in this section of the forum instead.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    dclancer Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?