cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space full message is not returned by API

Space full message is not returned by API

vinksharma
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Dropbox API v1,   Dropbox SDK 1.6.3 (android)

- If there is no space on Dropbox, SDK was returning an error code 507

Dropbox API v2,   Dropbox SDK 2.0.1 (android)

- If there is no space on Dropbox, Upload API fails with response parsing exception with no clear description that this is because of the space limit. Also I am unable to locate a corressponding exception.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
[Cross-linking for reference: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45443818/dropbox-v2-api-for-android-has-no-error-code-for-space-... ]

v2.0.1 is relatively old, and there have been a number of bug fixes since then, so please update to the latest version and let me know if you're still seeing this. The latest version is v3.0.3.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
[Cross-linking for reference: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45443818/dropbox-v2-api-for-android-has-no-error-code-for-space-... ]

v2.0.1 is relatively old, and there have been a number of bug fixes since then, so please update to the latest version and let me know if you're still seeing this. The latest version is v3.0.3.

vinksharma
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

v3.0.3 throws UploadErrorException with error reason: insufficient_space . However the behavior is good only with upload API. If user tries copy API errorcode 500 is returned by server with no message description.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks! We'll look into it.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Apologies for not following up on this earlier. This has been fixed in the copy endpoint.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    vinksharma New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?