cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Steering iOS dropbox app to go to a folder location

Steering iOS dropbox app to go to a folder location

PeterW
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi people,

I need to guide people from an external app (FileMaker Go) to the correct dropbox folder. I found something but it's probably a bit of a hack, and it only works with shared folders. I use 

"dbapi-6://1/viewLink?url=" with the encryped path of a shared folder link. It works fine,  the dropbox app activates and goes to the correct folder. But again, it's not documented and I would like this to work with folders within a shared folder. But looking at the list_files instruction in the API, it only has those encryped file paths for shared folders. So I'm looking for a way to drive the DropBox app to select one of those, using a similar simple URL method. It could be simple, but I'm a bit of noob in this dropbox API, and I just don't see it.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Unfortunately, we don't currently have a good/documented way deep link to paths in the app like this, but I'll be sure to pass this along as a feature request.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Unfortunately, we don't currently have a good/documented way deep link to paths in the app like this, but I'll be sure to pass this along as a feature request.

PeterW
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Thanks for your clear and immediate reply. And for passing this along to development. I hope this feature request makes it.

PeterW
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi,

I know I should be looking at the documentation first before asking this again, but maybe someone can quickly answer this one with a yes or no. The customer just asked me again, now almost 3 years later. Has dropbox meanwhile implemented an API method to "deep link paths" in the app?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

No, unfortunately we still don't offer an official way to do this. Apologies I don't have better news for you!

Need more support?