cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Ross uses Dropbox to answer some new house questions here!

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sync files behavior on android

Sync files behavior on android

ramona_cristea
Explorer | Level 3

Hello. I would like to implement a sync files behavior for my android application using the Dropbox API v2. From the Java documentation and your samples on github I find it hard to understand what steps are needed in order to achieve such a behavior. You have only samples for uploading and downloading a file, but what about synching multiple files? 

Could you please be so kind to provide a basic tutorial doing that or describe in some detail the steps I need to follow in order to implement such functionality for an android app? Thank you! 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropboxer
The Dropbox API v2 Java SDK offers the ability to upload and download files programmatically, but it doesn't offer pre-built "sync" functionality. You'll need to use the uploading and downloading capabilities to develop whatever kind of sync logic you want in your app. I'll send this along as a request for pre-built sync support, or a tutorial, but I can't promise if/when that would be written.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Greg-DB
Dropboxer
The Dropbox API v2 Java SDK offers the ability to upload and download files programmatically, but it doesn't offer pre-built "sync" functionality. You'll need to use the uploading and downloading capabilities to develop whatever kind of sync logic you want in your app. I'll send this along as a request for pre-built sync support, or a tutorial, but I can't promise if/when that would be written.

View solution in original post

ramona_cristea
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you for your answer! Is there a ticket/issue which I can watch it? 

Greg-DB
Dropboxer
I'll make a note to follow up on this thread if/when something like this is written. (I'm not aware of any current work on anything like this though, so I do recommend working on an implementation in your own app's code.)

ramona_cristea
Explorer | Level 3

Ok, fair enough. Thank you!

Need more support?