cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sync files behavior on android

Sync files behavior on android

ramona_cristea
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello. I would like to implement a sync files behavior for my android application using the Dropbox API v2. From the Java documentation and your samples on github I find it hard to understand what steps are needed in order to achieve such a behavior. You have only samples for uploading and downloading a file, but what about synching multiple files? 

Could you please be so kind to provide a basic tutorial doing that or describe in some detail the steps I need to follow in order to implement such functionality for an android app? Thank you! 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
The Dropbox API v2 Java SDK offers the ability to upload and download files programmatically, but it doesn't offer pre-built "sync" functionality. You'll need to use the uploading and downloading capabilities to develop whatever kind of sync logic you want in your app. I'll send this along as a request for pre-built sync support, or a tutorial, but I can't promise if/when that would be written.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
The Dropbox API v2 Java SDK offers the ability to upload and download files programmatically, but it doesn't offer pre-built "sync" functionality. You'll need to use the uploading and downloading capabilities to develop whatever kind of sync logic you want in your app. I'll send this along as a request for pre-built sync support, or a tutorial, but I can't promise if/when that would be written.

ramona_cristea
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thank you for your answer! Is there a ticket/issue which I can watch it? 

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
I'll make a note to follow up on this thread if/when something like this is written. (I'm not aware of any current work on anything like this though, so I do recommend working on an implementation in your own app's code.)

ramona_cristea
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Ok, fair enough. Thank you!

Need more support?