cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This app has reached its user limit.

This app has reached its user limit.

premakanthi
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello drop box friends,

I am a newbie user of dropbox. I have set up jitsi for my online virtual conferences via moodle with dropbox business as storage. It was working perfectly fine till now. But suddenly when i try to sign in using my credentials i get the following error

Error connecting app:
This app has reached its user limit. Contact the app developer and ask them to use the Dropbox API App Console to increase their app's user limit.

I was not informed of any user limits while i signed up for dropbox service....I am unable to solve this error & move on. Kindly help how to solve this. Kindly help in layman's language as i am not a techie 🙂

Thank you
Jagdish.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

You now need to request that your app is given production status: https://www.dropbox.com/developers/reference/developer-guide#production-approval

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@premakanthi wrote:
This app has reached its user limit. Contact the app developer and ask them to use the Dropbox API App Console to increase their app's user limit.

Is this for an app that you've developed using the Dropbox API, or a third-party service that you're using? If it's a third-party, you need to contact them as the error is regarding the user limit for their application; not your account.

premakanthi
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Sir, i am using jitsi plugin in my moodle learning management solution. Jitsi is using dropbox to store the recorded content of conference.

Kindly help
Jagdish.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Have you had to generate an API key yourself to access this software? 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Jagdishnair
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Yes sir, I have generated the API key & also entered it in the moodle.

Thank you

Jagdish.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

You now need to request that your app is given production status: https://www.dropbox.com/developers/reference/developer-guide#production-approval

Jagdishnair
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Dear Sir,

I have just now applied for production status as per your instruction. I hope this issue gets sorted out soon.

Thank you

Jagdish.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jagdishnair Explorer | Level 3
    Mark Super User II
    premakanthi New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?