cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Turn off sending emails for add file member endpoint

Turn off sending emails for add file member endpoint

austina
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi,

I am using the following endpoints :

https://api.dropboxapi.com/2/sharing/add_file_member
https://api.dropboxapi.com/2/sharing/add_folder_member

to share few thousand files/folders. This generates emails for each file/folder I have added permissions. I don't want emails to be sent when I add a member to a file/folder. How do I do this? 

Thanks,

Austin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

You can use the "quiet" parameter on /2/sharing/add_folder_member to suppress device and email notifications.

The /2/sharing/add_file_member endpoint also has a "quiet" parameter, but that one only supports device notifications, not email notifications. I'll pass this along as a feature request for support for suppressing email notifications for that as well, but I can't promise if or when that might be implemented.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

You can use the "quiet" parameter on /2/sharing/add_folder_member to suppress device and email notifications.

The /2/sharing/add_file_member endpoint also has a "quiet" parameter, but that one only supports device notifications, not email notifications. I'll pass this along as a feature request for support for suppressing email notifications for that as well, but I can't promise if or when that might be implemented.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

For reference, the Dropbox API now also suppresses email notifications when using quiet=true on /2/sharing/add_file_member.

Need more support?