cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Unix file permissions accessible via API?

Unix file permissions accessible via API?

Sam S.6
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

The official Dropbox client preserves file permissions when syncing files between different computers whenever possible (e.g., between Unixes). When changing a file's permissions to executable, this will trigger a sync of the new permissions to all linked PCs. This means that the corresponding metadata is somwhow stored on Dropbox servers.

Does the public API in some way support accessing those permissions? If no, could this be made available in the future? It would be nice for API clients to also preserve Unix permissions, similar to Dropbox itself.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

The Dropbox API doesn't expose the ability to get or set these permissions, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

The Dropbox API doesn't expose the ability to get or set these permissions, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though. 

Sam S.6
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Alright, many thanks, Greg.

Need more support?