cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload without inserting e-Mail and password

Upload without inserting e-Mail and password

dominik b.
New member | Level 1

I studied the tutorial about the "saver" application provided by dropbox. The code provided in the tutorial (build a user styled button to upload a file by url) works pretty well. Unfortunately I couldn't figure out a possibilaty to upload a file without inserting an e-mail-address or password.
To be more precisely: A file should be uploaded to my account by only clicking a user designed button e.g. "Upload". Any idea?

1 Reply 1

Steve M.
Dropbox Staff

The Saver lets a user save a file to their Dropbox, so it saves to whatever account the user is logged in as.

It sounds like you always want to upload to a single Dropbox account (yours), no matter what user is visiting your website. If that's the case, you'll need to send the file to your own server and from there write to your account using the Core API. It's possible to upload directly from the browser, but to do that you would need to expose the credentials (OAuth access token) for your account to all the user's of your app, which is a security non-starter.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Steve M. Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?