cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V2 migration - get user email on V1

V2 migration - get user email on V1

aodhom
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hey all,

We've a lot of existing users connected via our Dropbox app and the Dropbox v1 API.

Unfortunately we were not storing their Dropbox email address on our side, so a lot of customers won't remember what account was used to connect the Dropbox app initially.

This is only an issue if the V1->V2 token conversion doesn't work but I did run into one such example today as I'm scanning our V1 connections and pulling their email via https://www.dropbox.com/developers-v1/core/docs#account-info

I got this message back: The user's account has been suspended by their organization's administrator

So retrieval of the email address failed.

Is there any way around this? If I have a existing token & secret for the V1 api is there anyway to retrieve the DB account email it was last tied to?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
No, there isn't a way to do this in that case. Retrieving account information for an access token is only possible via the API, but it requires that the access token be valid. In this case, where the user is suspended, the access token can no longer be used. (This is similar to the case where the user deleted their own Dropbox account.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
No, there isn't a way to do this in that case. Retrieving account information for an access token is only possible via the API, but it requires that the access token be valid. In this case, where the user is suspended, the access token can no longer be used. (This is similar to the case where the user deleted their own Dropbox account.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?