cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VB .NET FileUpload using ChunkUpload() error lookup_failed/not_found...

VB .NET FileUpload using ChunkUpload() error lookup_failed/not_found...

evry1falls
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

I'm trying to use this code to upload a 12mb file in [Backups] folder. I converted this code from Git dotnet C# example to VB .NET code, but I get Error [File_Not_Found], when I debug this code I noticed that sessionID never returned with value either.

Await ChunkUpload("/Backups", "C:/File.png, (Int(ChunkSize)))
Private Async Function ChunkUpload(Ipath As String, chunkSize As Integer) As Task
chunkSize = 4096 * 1024 '4mb
Using stream = New MemoryStream(File.ReadAllBytes(Ipath))
Dim numChunks = Int(Math.Ceiling(stream.Length / chunkSize))
Console.WriteLine("Chunk upload file...")
Dim buffer() As Byte = New Byte(chunkSize) {}
Dim sessionId As String = String.Empty
Dim byteRead = stream.Read(buffer, 0, chunkSize)
For idx As Integer = 0 To numChunks - 1
idx += 1
Console.WriteLine("Start uploading chunk {0}", idx)
byteRead = stream.Read(buffer, 0, chunkSize)
Using memStream = New MemoryStream(buffer, 0, byteRead)
If (idx = 0) Then
Dim result = Await DBX.Files.UploadSessionStartAsync(body:=memStream)
sessionId = result.SessionIdElse
Dim Cursor As UploadSessionCursor = _
New UploadSessionCursor(sessionId, (CLng(chunkSize * idx))) If (idx = numChunks - 1) Then Await DBX.Files.UploadSessionFinishAsync(Cursor, _
New CommitInfo("/Backups" + "/" + "File.png"), memStream) Else Await DBX.Files.UploadSessionAppendV2Async(Cursor, body:=memStream) End If End If End Using Next End Using

While this code works fine with me with less large files 

Await DBX.Files.UploadAsync("/Backups" + "/" + "File.png",
                                                  WriteMode.Overwrite.Instance, True, Nothing, False, Nothing, False, memorystream)

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

It looks like the formatting of your code snippet has been lost, but I think the issue is that you're not actually calling 'UploadSessionStartAsync'. You immediately increment 'idx', so 'idx = 0' never returns true. I recommend adding some more logging and/or stepping through with a debugger to work out what's going on.

For reference, there's an example of using upload sessions here, in C#, not VB, but it should still serve as a good example of the logic needed to run an upload session.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

It looks like the formatting of your code snippet has been lost, but I think the issue is that you're not actually calling 'UploadSessionStartAsync'. You immediately increment 'idx', so 'idx = 0' never returns true. I recommend adding some more logging and/or stepping through with a debugger to work out what's going on.

For reference, there's an example of using upload sessions here, in C#, not VB, but it should still serve as a good example of the logic needed to run an upload session.

evry1falls
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

Thank you that really helped a lot, I will also try the other suggestion in the other post of "overwrite"

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

evry1falls Collaborator | Level 8
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?