cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VB.Net Business API web service trouble

VB.Net Business API web service trouble

John O.25
New member | Level 1

I am just getting started working on some tools to synchronize accounts with dropbox via the Business API, but I am having some trouble getting it working correctly. I am just simply trying to verify the web services at this point. I know that I am on the right track because it works as expected with SoapUI, but passing the data this way doesn't work. I suspect that my problem is that it isn't properly passing the Json blank line, {}, but why not? Any tips? For what it is worth, it is shooting back a 400 bad request. I can reproduce this same problem by not including the {} in SoapUI. I tested using ChilkatDotNet libraries with the postjson2 method and it works as expected, but I would rather not purchase the library for something that should just work.

Dim postdata As String = "{}"
    Dim conn As New Net.WebClient
    conn.Headers("Content-Type") = "application/json"
    conn.Headers("authorization") = "bearer <validnumberhere>"
    Dim responseText As String = conn.UploadString("https://api.dropbox.com/1/team/get_info", postdata)
2 Replies 2

Steve M.
Dropbox Staff

What's the actual body of the 400 response? (You may have to catch a WebException or the like and then pull out the response from there.) Generally the 400 will tell you the issue.

I think the issue here may be the Authorization header. You're using a lowercase b in "bearer" instead of the uppercase B in "Bearer".

John O.25
New member | Level 1

Well, that was dumb. You're absolutely correct. Changing to Authorization: Bearing <id> works properly. Thanks. 🙂

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

John O.25 New member | Level 1
    Steve M. Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?