cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning 'You're about to link an app that will consume your team's available upload API quota'

Warning 'You're about to link an app that will consume your team's available upload API quota'

Josh D.15
Helpful | Level 5

A customer is connecting to our app and they get this warning.

'You're about to link an app that will consume your team's available upload API quota. For more information, please visit our Help Center.'

Image link here - https://imgur.com/a/PnYBT 

What is this? 

We didn't write this, and we don't see it when we connect to our app. 

Is this a limitation on their account? Something we can control? 

13 Replies 13

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@thelwang Yes, you have all of that correct. I'll file these as files requests for an equivalent way to check this from user-linked apps, as well as a way to check the current usage.

And thank you for the detailed feedback! We really appreciate you taking to the time to write it up. I'll make sure I pass it along to the team.

ikishan
Explorer | Level 4

we have similar type of issue. When client try to select dropbox as a image source they are getting this warning image.image.png

can we remove this type of warning ? 

we are using ionic framework to build our app. 

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@ikishan That's a different warning, unrelated to the original topic on this thread.

If your app is approved for production status, that "know and trust" warning will not be shown. You can find information on applying for production status here:

https://www.dropbox.com/developers/reference/developer-guide#production-approval 

ikishan
Explorer | Level 4
Thanks man.. 🙂
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

ikishan Explorer | Level 4
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Josh D.15 Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?