cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: When do webhooks fire when editing Paper docs?

When do webhooks fire when editing Paper docs?

companion
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi,

Could anyone provide more detail on the webhook policy when editing an 'auto-saving' document like Paper? The document appears to save automatically according to changes made and some idle time - does a webhook notification (potentially) fire each time this happens?

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Dropbox doesn't send webhook notifications for changes to Paper documents, but we'll consider it a feature request. I can't promise a timeline for if/when that might get added though.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Dropbox doesn't send webhook notifications for changes to Paper documents, but we'll consider it a feature request. I can't promise a timeline for if/when that might get added though.

companion
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Ah, that's a real shame - that's a deal breaker for my use case.

I did find through testing that changing a .paper file locally in a text editor did cause a notification to fire consistently. Also, making changes in the Dropbox desktop app also triggered notifications, but seemingly inconsistently.

I'd really like to use Paper if I could - is there somewhere we can track the status of feature requests?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

This forum thread serves as the reference for the feature request. I'll follow up here if/when I have any news on this.

Need more support?