cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Why doesn't Dropbox show up in my document browser?

Why doesn't Dropbox show up in my document browser?

Nick-Kleinschmidt
Explorer | Level 3

When I open my Files app, I see the standard options (iCloud Drive, On my iPhone, Recently Deleted) plus a few cloud services (Google Drive, Dropbox, Quip)

When I create a new Document Based App, I see the standard options + only Google Drive

This is after hitting ... -> Edit, so Dropbox isn't just hidden. There's no way to access it in my app.

Is there something I need to customize in my app to make Dropbox show up using the Document Browser?

6 Replies 6

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Nick-Kleinschmidt, thanks for messaging today!

Just to clarify, are you creating a new document in an app, or are you creating a new app yourself using the Dropbox API and don’t see an option to select Dropbox?

Keep me posted!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Nick-Kleinschmidt
Explorer | Level 3

I'm creating a new iOS app using Apple's SDK. I have Dropbox installed on my device, but haven't integrated the Dropbox SDK into my app. Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a new Document-based app following Apple's instructions - https://developer.apple.com/documentation/uikit/view_controllers/adding_a_document_browser_to_your_a...

2. Launch it on iPhone

3. See iCloud and Google Drive working automatically in my app, don't see Dropbox

4. Navigate to root of the document browser, tap ... -> Edit, verify that Dropbox isn't present

5. Quit my new app and open the Files app, verify that Dropbox is present

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the info. As this is your own application, it would be best to post this in the API forum directly for the team there to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Nick-Kleinschmidt
Explorer | Level 3

@Jay Isn't this already posted in Dropbox API Support & Feedback? That link looks like the same place

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@Nick-Kleinschmidt This post is currently in the API forum (a moderator may have moved it), and I can help with questions regarding the Dropbox API. I'm afraid I can't offer much help with this topic though since it's not actually about the Dropbox API, but rather using the functionality provided by iOS and the Dropbox iOS app.

There might be folks with some knowledge on this in Installs & Integrations. Otherwise, if you want you can open a ticket and I'll try to redirect it to someone internally who may know more about this.

Nick-Kleinschmidt
Explorer | Level 3

Makes sense, thanks, @Greg-DB I just opened a ticket, I'll also post in Installs & Integrations to see if anyone on the community side has heard of this.

Need more support?