cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

api status endpoint

api status endpoint

Lynge
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I am creating an app that uses a lib (rclone) to sync files from the dropbox api. But I eould like to test if the api is available (mostly this will be affected by wether an internet connection is present) before I start up rclone and direct the user to that interface.

Is there some url I could direct a request to in order to check if the api is alive and my software has internet access?

Preferably without having to autheticate against the api since this is handled by rclone and I would need it for this check.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Dropbox doesn't offer a URL for checking the status like this, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though. 

That being the case, you may want to just use a normal Dropbox API call, e.g., /2/users/get_current_account, but ignore any API auth error.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Dropbox doesn't offer a URL for checking the status like this, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though. 

That being the case, you may want to just use a normal Dropbox API call, e.g., /2/users/get_current_account, but ignore any API auth error.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?