cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: application/binary type returned for media files

application/binary type returned for media files

abiluck
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi, I am using gettemporarylink API to obtain url to the file that can be later played. That url when requested itself, returns wrong Content-Type header for media files. For example audio file with m4a extension now has Content-Type response header set to “application/binary” instead of “audio/mp4” or “audio/mpeg”. Such behaviour has started in the last 24 hours and breaks our entire workflow. No changes were made on our side and it used to work before. Could you please look into this?

31 Replies 31

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@abiluck No, unfortunately I can't make any promises right now. I'll follow up when I have any news on this from the team.

abiluck
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

@Greg-DB it is impacting users and I am getting lots of support tickets on this matter. Appreciate if the team could look into this asap.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@abiluck Thanks for the note. This is still open with the team. I'll let you know as soon as we have an update on that.

SlashAndBurn
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I'm in the same boat, got clients crawling all over me.  They have all sorts of VR content and they stream it for some reason.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@SlashAndBurn Thanks for the note. I'll check in with the team on this.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

This should be working again now. Please try again and let us know if you're still seeing any issues.

@abiluck It looks like we never actually returned the specific type for .m4b in particular anyway, but if that's important let me know and I'll ask the team to add that.

abiluck
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

It is working now! Thank you for fixing this.

As for m4b, it should have "audio/mp4" content-type

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@abiluck Thanks for confirming! I'll ask the team if we can add support for .m4b as well.

SlashAndBurn
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Tried to play a mp4 file and it is playing again, nice!

abiluck
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi @Greg-DB, would it be possible to fix content-type for m4b format? 

Need more support?