cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: /files/list_folder includes .app packages as folders

/files/list_folder includes .app packages as folders

mitko-slapdash
Helpful | Level 6

Hello, there are certain files such as the ones with .app extension which show up as Application files both on Mac and on the Dropbox client as well (see screenshot below). However when traversing them using the /files/list_folder API they show up as a folder (see attached code) and lack a way to determine when they were modified - which is necessary for us as it helps to find recently modified files.

My question is - is there a way to query the API in order to get results containing the data displayed in the Dropbox app itself?

Specifically, ".app" files to be considered non-folders and to include a date last modified.

{
  '.tag': 'folder',
  name: 'Slapdash-prod-upgrade-react-select.app',
  path_lower: '/slapdash shared/engineering/testbuilds/builds/slapdash-prod-upgrade-react-select.app',
  path_display: '/Slapdash Shared/Engineering/TestBuilds/Builds/Slapdash-prod-upgrade-react-select.app',
  parent_shared_folder_id: '3114517952',
  id: 'id:1eQ4ofWIW_AAAAAAAAQm_A',
  sharing_info: {
    read_only: false,
    parent_shared_folder_id: '3114517952',
    traverse_only: false,
    no_access: false
  }
}

Screenshot 2020-04-10 12.15.32.png

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

No, unfortunately the Dropbox API doesn't offer a way to get package information like this. I'll pass this along as a feature request for a better way to handle these, but I can't promise if or when that might be implemented. 

Need more support?