cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: ios9 ,canOpenURL: failed for URL: "dbapi-2...

ios9 ,canOpenURL: failed for URL: "dbapi-2...

r. joy
New member | Level 1

Ios9 system, access to login screen I get the following error: -canOpenURL: failed for URL: "dbapi-2://1/connect" - error: "(null)",

so , I add "dbapi-2" to LSApplicationQueriesSchemes,

but, the error is  still there 

27 Replies 27

Victor A.14
New member | Level 1

When Dropbox account is unlinked and no Dropbox app is installed it fails (in a simulator or in a real device), with error: 

-canOpenURL: failed for URL: "dbapi-2://1/connect" - error: "(null)"

If you had signed in to Dropbox and then you uninstall Dropbox app, it still works. But once you unlink it fails.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Victor, this message is expected if the official Dropbox app isn't installed even when URL scheme is pre-registered, but the SDK should fall back to using the built-in auth flow. Is that not what you're seeing? If not, what does happen?

Victor A.14
New member | Level 1

Hi Gregory,

Sorry. It was my fault. I was presenting this:

[[DBSession sharedSession] linkFromController:this];

from the wrong controller.

It's all right now with the dbapi-2 application queries scheme.

Thank you.

r. joy
New member | Level 1

Thank you for yours reply.The problem of its own ios9 system.

Bourne W.
New member | Level 1

Hi Gregory

I found the latest Dropbox SDK was released at "Version 1.3.13, updated September 15, 2014". I got this info from: "https://www.dropbox.com/developers-v1/core/sdks/ios", more than 1 year!!!!

Is  there any update recently?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Bourne, your question doesn't seem to be directly related to this thread. In the future, please be sure to open new threads for new questions so as not to spam the other people on a thread. 

To answer your question though, version 1.3.13 of the iOS Core SDK as posted on the page you linked to is the latest version. We do have a new Swift SDK for API v2 if you want to use that though.

Bourne W.
New member | Level 1

Thanks Gregory

The reason why I asked that (version) is because I have the same issue (I already added "dbapi-2" to LSApplicationQueriesSchemes), so I was wondering whether it's because I'm still using that old SDK (I did download from that website).

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Are you still having trouble? If so, what isn't working as expected specifically? Can you share the steps to reproduce the issue, as well as the full error/output you're getting?

Bourne W.
New member | Level 1

Gregory

Here is my code:

if (![[DBSession sharedSession] isLinked]) {

[DBSession sharedSession].delegate = self;

[[DBSession sharedSession] linkFromController:self];

}

and I have followings in .plist

<key>LSApplicationQueriesSchemes</key>

<array>

<string>fbauth</string>

<string>dbapi-2</string>

<string>fbauth2</string>

</array>

The console output is:

FFC[21095:2556563] -canOpenURL: failed for URL: "dbapi-2://1/connect" - error: "(null)"

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Ok, and what, if anything, isn't working as expected? That message is expected if the official Dropbox app isn't installed, but the SDK should then fall back to the built-in flow, in which case you can just ignore that message. Is this what's happening in your case?

Need more support?