cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ios9 ,canOpenURL: failed for URL: "dbapi-2...

ios9 ,canOpenURL: failed for URL: "dbapi-2...

r. joy
New member | Level 1

Ios9 system, access to login screen I get the following error: -canOpenURL: failed for URL: "dbapi-2://1/connect" - error: "(null)",

so , I add "dbapi-2" to LSApplicationQueriesSchemes,

but, the error is  still there 

27 Replies 27

Sergey S.10
New member | Level 1

Got the same error. When link controller is opened, I tap Cancel, but open URL delegate method isn't called, i.e. no callback if a user cancel auth process.

If a user grant permissions to my app, I get callback.

SDKv1: cancel flow works correctly.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks Sergey, I see you mentioned this in your new thread, so we'll look into it and follow up there.

William P.10
Explorer | Level 4

Same problem happening with your sample app. I guess it is too much to ask for a working example with the latest iOS system. I know that would take at least 30 minutes to update so I assume you will deprecate core api like you did sync and leave us stranded again. Perhaps I should move my customers elsewhere.

This is after adding code so the the window appears.

2016-02-19 13:47:59.195 DBRoulette[2433:157598] -canOpenURL: failed for URL: "dbapi-2://1/connect" - error: "This app is not allowed to query for scheme dbapi-2"

2016-02-19 13:47:59.200 DBRoulette[2433:157598] Warning: Attempt to present <UINavigationController: 0x7fa0ac837c00> on <RootViewController: 0x7fa0ab739370> whose view is not in the window hierarchy!

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the report William! The DBRoulette app does need to be updated to register for that URL scheme. I'll send this along to the team.

Hasan Shahid F.
New member | Level 1

It appears that many (if not all) are facing the same issue.. No solution yet?!?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Hasan, what issue are you seeing specifically? Apps just need to be updates as shown here:

https://blogs.dropbox.com/developers/2015/08/important-update-your-core-api-app-for-ios-9/

If you've done that and are seeing unexpected behavior, please open a new thread with details:

https://www.dropboxforum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/new?community_post%5Btopic_id%5D=200209245

William P.10
Explorer | Level 4

Gregory,

Unexpected behavior? It doesn't work. I already had read the post you linked to so your comment was no help. I suggest you try it yourself. Obviously I am not the only one that is having an issue. Regards

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

HI William, are you referring to the sample app? I was referring to the unspecified issues Hasan mentioned.

We're aware of the issues in the latest version of the sample app, and I do apologize for the inconvenience. Until we released an updated version, you'll need to make the changes to get it to work. If you've done so and still aren't getting it running, please open a thread with the details so we can help. E.g., what changes you've made, the code where it fails, what happens and what you expected to happen, and the output you're getting. Thanks in advance! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    William P.10 Explorer | Level 4
    Hasan Shahid F. New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?