cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ios9 ,canOpenURL: failed for URL: "dbapi-2...

ios9 ,canOpenURL: failed for URL: "dbapi-2...

r. joy
New member | Level 1

Ios9 system, access to login screen I get the following error: -canOpenURL: failed for URL: "dbapi-2://1/connect" - error: "(null)",

so , I add "dbapi-2" to LSApplicationQueriesSchemes,

but, the error is  still there 

27 Replies 27

Basil B.2
New member | Level 1

لسيب

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Can you share the relevant code snippet(s) as well as the relevant section of your app's plist so we can look into this? Thanks in advance! 

r. joy
New member | Level 1

the code is dropbox SDK,The following is the interface code I wrote:

DBSession* session = [[DBSession alloc] initWithAppKey:appKey appSecret:appSecret root:root];

session.delegate = self; // DBSessionDelegate methods allow you to handle re-authenticating

[DBSession setSharedSession:session];

[session release];

//    [DBRequest setNetworkRequestDelegate:self];

return [[DBSession sharedSession] isLinked];

r. joy
New member | Level 1

></p>

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks! That looks right. Do you have the official Dropbox app installed on the device you're seeing this on? (Or are you using the simulator?)

This message is expected even when URL scheme is pre-registered if no app is installed that supports the dbapi-2 URL scheme. The app authorization process should still work by falling back to the in-app flow though. Does the app authorization process still work for you in this case?

r. joy
New member | Level 1

thanks your reply,On my device do not  have the official Dropbox app, I am using a iphone6 debugging.
My application is still debug phase.
Although the connection dropbox login screen reported "dbapi-2" mistake, but after waiting for some time, the login screen can display.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

It sounds like this is working as expected then. If the Dropbox app is installed, that will be used instead.

alvaro a.2
New member | Level 1

Hi guys,

I am getting the error  dbapi-2://1/connect" - error: "(null)" when I try to enable dropbox in the simulator however when I try my app in the device I don't get the error because I have the actual dropbox App installed. The problem is when I test my app in the device it will open dropbox to log the user but then after login, it won't come back to my app and if I come back manually, it won't upload files because it tells me the user is unauthorized.

Any advice?

Thanks

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

It sounds like the canOpenURL part of this is working as expected, and the issue has to do with being sent back to your app after the fact, so please open a new thread with the details so we can help (without spamming the other people on this thread).

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    William P.10 Explorer | Level 4
    Hasan Shahid F. New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?