cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

loadStreamableURLForFile in Swift

loadStreamableURLForFile in Swift

sigrem
New member | Level 1

Hi,

We used DBRestClient.loadStreamableURLForFile to get NSURL for videos. Is there a similar call in SwiftyDropbox?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

API v2 and SwiftyDropbox don't currently have an equivalent of loadStreamableURLForFile, but I'll be sure to pass this along as a feature request.

sigrem
New member | Level 1

Thanks Gregory for your quick response.

I need to get a streamable url for video to pass to AVAsset. Please see the code below where I try to use createSharedLink but seems AVAsset does not get created properly. Any other call I should use instead?

client.sharing.createSharedLink(path: self.dbPath).response({ (md: Sharing.PathLinkMetadata?, error: CallError<(Sharing.CreateSharedLinkError)>?) -> Void in

if let result = md {

let url = result.url 

let avasset = AVAsset(URL: url)

}

else if error != nil {

NSDivLog.log("Error getting shared url. \(error)")

}

})

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

What exactly happens when "AVAsset does not get created properly"? Do you get an error?

I suspect the issue is that a shared link doesn't directly point to the file content, but rather an HTML preview. You can modify these links for direct content access though, as shown here:

https://www.dropbox.com/help/201

Note that this isn't really recommended however, as these links are listed on https://www.dropbox.com/links, which may confuse users. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    sigrem New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?