cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

move_batch slow

move_batch slow

bcd_nyc
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
It seems that sometime in the past two weeks, move_batch operations have become extremely slow— taking more than a minute to move ~30 files (less than 10mb each), sometimes failing entirely. It appears to have undergone a significant change almost overnight. Has anyone else noticed performance issues like this, and are there any suggestions for how to improve it?
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Yes, unfortunately due to some changes on the backend, performance on this endpoint worsened recently. I'll bring this up with the team to see if we can improve this in the future, but I can't make any promises.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Yes, unfortunately due to some changes on the backend, performance on this endpoint worsened recently. I'll bring this up with the team to see if we can improve this in the future, but I can't make any promises.

bcd_nyc
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

This is disappointing to hear. Unannounced changes like this make it difficult for developers to create effective integrations with Dropbox, and it significantly degrades the end-user experience.

Thank you, at the very least, for admitting that it's a problem on your end-- but that doesn't make up for the hours of non-billable work I'll need to do in order to restructure my application to accomodate the increased lag time and decreased reliability. 

My non-technical users don't care about the difference between synchronous and non-synchronous programming or the unique challenges of cloud storage and distributed pseudo-filesystems. They expect that files should get moved when they push the button-- not five minutes later or possibly not at all. 

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the detailed feedback. We appreciate it. I'll share this with the team. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    bcd_nyc Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?