cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems uploading text files iOS

problems uploading text files iOS

Giordano58
Explorer | Level 3

Hi everbody,

in order to upgrade my app to Dropbox 2 I was trying upload and download festures.

While download seems to work I have some problems with uploading.

I am working with textual file with a small size, maximum 1 MB.

I followed the tutorial but after the upload is finished I only see on dropbox an empty small file of about 190 byte. It seems it is not able to upload the content of the file. Here is my code where db is the path of the file to upload. Thanks very much or the help.

NSData *fileData = [db dataUsingEncoding:NSUTF8StringEncoding allowLossyConversion:NO];
DBFILESWriteMode *mode = [[DBFILESWriteMode alloc] initWithOverwrite];
NSString *pathToSave = [[_startDirectory stringByAppendingString:@"/"] stringByAppendingString:file];
[[[userClient.filesRoutes uploadData:pathToSave mode:mode autorename:@(YES) clientModified:nil mute:@(NO) inputData:fileData] 
setResponseBlock:^(DBFILESFileMetadata *result, DBFILESUploadError *routeError, DBRequestError *networkError) {
if (result) {
NSLog(@"result:%@\n", result);}
                               else {
                                   NSLog(@"%@\n%@\n", routeError, networkError);
                               }
                           }] setProgressBlock:^(int64_t bytesUploaded, int64_t totalBytesUploaded, int64_t totalBytesExpectedToUploaded) {
                               NSLog(@"progress:\n%lld\n%lld\n%lld\n", bytesUploaded, totalBytesUploaded, totalBytesExpectedToUploaded);
                           }];

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
I can't see what `db` is in your code, but the rest of the code doesn't look obviously wrong. To troubleshoot this, can you first check whether or not `fileData` has the expected length when calling `uploadData`?

Giordano58
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Greg, thanks for the answer but I solved the problem making use of the following method:

[userClient.filesRoutes uploadUrl:pathToSave inputUrl:db]

Thanks again and regards,

Giordano

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Giordano58 Explorer | Level 3
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?