cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question about deployment of Dropbox servers

question about deployment of Dropbox servers

petal
Explorer | Level 4

Currently, we are using the dropbox API. Because our app is for global users, users in different countries use our app to upload files to their own dropbox cloud space, considering performance and information security concerns. Would you like to ask about the deployment of Dropbox servers globally and whether there are servers on all continents to provide better cloud disk services? and how Dropbox has done and complied with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) agreement in Europe.

On the official website, I found no restrictions on API calls, only usage statistics. Is there a limit on the number of calls to HTTP APIs and how many network requests can be received at a time?

I don't konw if I propose this question at right place, please give some advice if this board is not correct.

Thanks a lot

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

You can find information on the location of Dropbox servers in this help article.

You can find information on Dropbox GDPR compliance in this help article.

The Dropbox API does have a rate limiting system, but we don't have any specific numbers documented. It is only designed to prevent abuse though, and is accordingly relatively generous. Further, the limits operate on a per-user basis. That being the case, you generally don't need to worry about hitting it in normal use. Also note that not all 429s and 503s indicate explicit rate limiting, but in any case that you get a 429 or 503 the best practice is to retry the request, respecting the Retry-After header if given in the response, or using an exponential back-off, if not.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?