cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

search_v2 ignores parenthesis

search_v2 ignores parenthesis

KennelLink
Explorer | Level 3

My app needs to search for folders named like "Last, First (99)" by using a query "(99)" because it doesn't know the leading part - just the number in parenthesis.  Search apparently ignores the parenthesis, so the results include folders that it shouldn't, for instance "Anything (999)"

How do I submit a query that includes the parenthesis and limits the results to just those that _really_ match "(99)" ?

I swear that version 1 behavior did not used to do this.  Now it appears both search do this.  I used to be able to search for "(99)" and only get results that actually have "(99)" in their name, not all folders with "99".

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the post. Unfortunately, I don't have a good solution to offer here. The API doesn't offer a way to control the parsing of search queries like this, or a way to perform strict/exact matching like you're looking for, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?