cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to list files in shared folder

unable to list files in shared folder

arabia
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm trying to access all files in a shared folder using the dropbox api "https://api.dropboxapi.com/2/files/list_folder".

When doing this I only get the folder. None of the contained files, even though i explicitly enable recursive folder traversal..

Am I doing something wrong or is it impossible to actually list files in a shared folder using the api?

Best

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

arabia
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

My bad, I did not bother to check the cursor because the first call returned so few entries.

It turned out that calling "files/list_folder/continue" returned all the files contained in the shared folder

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

arabia
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

have been trying some more and stumbled across something interesting:

the shared folder appears empty if i list folders with path not set.

Hovever, if i set the path to '/sharedfolder/innerfolder' then i'm able to list all (sub)folders and files under 'innerfolder'

arabia
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

My bad, I did not bother to check the cursor because the first call returned so few entries.

It turned out that calling "files/list_folder/continue" returned all the files contained in the shared folder

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I'm glad to hear you already sorted this out. To confirm, yes, when using /2/files/list_folder[/continue], the app should always check the returned 'has_more' value and if it's true, call back using the returned 'cursor' to get more entries.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    arabia New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?