cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

webhook on file/folder restores missing?

webhook on file/folder restores missing?

brian q.
Helpful | Level 6

Don't think a webhook is triggered on restore of any object to a registered app.

Delete's work fine, creation of folders/file all register fine via a webhook.

But if you use the web app to restore a previously deleted object, no hooks triggered.

This makes it hard to resync to our apps on restored files without doing a non-event driven method of syncing (ie polling the entire world of our user base).

3 Replies 3

DBX_Robert
Dropbox Staff

Brian, are you able to provide more detailed steps to reproduce the issue.  I have tried to reproduce myself and am unable to.  Any time I restore a deleted file or folder via the web interface, a webhook is triggered and received by my test app.

brian q.
Helpful | Level 6

Sure.

1.  User Logs into their dropbox account via an internet browser (ie chrome, firefox, etc)

2.  User deletes a folder

3.  User recovers the folder via online methods

Items 1 and 2 do end up firing proper webhooks.   Item 3, does not fire any notifier, ie that we need to do whatever we need to do in cases of files being 'undeleted'

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

We'll need to investigate this specifically. Please open an API ticket with the following information for a case where you've seen this so we can work on tracking this down:

- the app key

- the webhook URI

- the user ID

- the timestamp of the restoration

Thanks in advance! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    brian q. Helpful | Level 6
    DBX_Robert Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?