Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Admin not authorized to view shared folder

4 Comments
2 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2

Admin not authorized to view shared folder

Team admins and all other users keep receiving "Not Authorized" error when trying to view a shared folder.

Everyone on the team has permissions to Edit the folder. 

This is a shared folder that has had the same permission settings for over a year. This just started happening yesterday and we are not able to access our files by going through this specific folder.

4 Replies
Level 4

Re: Admin not authorized to view shared folder

We are seeing the same issue.  Only one folder within a team folder cannot be browsed on a web browser using the "Desktop version" of Dropbox.  This is true even for me, who is an admin.  We can browse that subfolder using m.dropbox.com.  No problem seeing and accessing it using the iphone app or using the integrated Dropbox Finder extensions in MacOS.  We just enabled SmartSync and thinking it might that but it could be just coincidental.

Level 2

Were you able to resolve this?  We are having the same problem.

Level 2

We do not have Smart Sync enabled.

We are still having the same issue - no resolutions yet.

Level 4

It seems like there has been some updating going on by Dropbox. The Mac client software was updated and perhaps the online web interface behind scenes was updated as well. I made no changes but now I can browse all of the folders in our team folder. By the way, I confirmed that the initial problem behavior was not just me on my MacOS computer. A person browsing with Windows had the same behavior (who is also an admin). So, it looks like it was a Desktop browsing issue that was not specific to operating system (at least for us). It fixed on its own for us.