Did you mean: 

Smart sync does not work from Boxcryptor

SOLVED
13 Comments
2 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 4

Smart sync does not work from Boxcryptor

The function does not work with the application boxcryptor!!! Finder crashes. System operation is resumed only after turning off or dropbox or booxcryptor. How to switch off function " Smart Sync" for our account?

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Super User

Re: Smart sync does not work from Boxcryptor

So. Individuals can opt out via https://www.dropbox.com/account/

There is a tick box towards bottom of the page on the right hand side.

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

13 Replies
Super User

You can disable SmartSync within the admin menu of the Business Team page.

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Level 4

Unfortunately this is not possible. The maximum possible write a review. https://www.dropbox.com/s/tgkrdsnudzymvuj/%D0%A1%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%BC%D0%BE%D0%BA%20%D1%8D%D0%BA%D1%80%...

Super User

Apologies I thought you could alter things. Seems from https://www.dropbox.com/help/9294 that you cant

I'd suggest speaking with Boxifier and asking them to fix the bugs

Level 4

I've already written in support, but no one has yet answered. I posted here because we stopped the work of the group. And an urgent need to disable "Smart Sync"

Super User

I dont think you can I'm afraid.

I imagine the reply would be 'dont use unsupported third party add-ons'.

Super User

Just to add... I'm still investigating... give me a few minutes.

Super User

Ok, I'm hearing from people that you should be able to disable it via INDIVIDUAL members profiles at https://www.dropbox.com/team/admin/members (i.e. you'd need to disable it for each person) you cannot do it at Account level.

However, I cannot find the settings to do it on my account so I'm not 100% convinced you will either.

Solution
Super User

So. Individuals can opt out via https://www.dropbox.com/account/

There is a tick box towards bottom of the page on the right hand side.

Hi,

We are currently working on support for the new Dropbox Smart Sync feature and the upcoming versions of Boxcryptor for macOS and Windows will include it. I expect that we will have them ready within the next 1-2 weeks.

Best regards,

Robert from Boxcryptor