Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text size

SOLVED
8 Comments
4 Kudos
Level 5

Text size

I need to know if there is a way to change the size of the text used on Dropbox. There is no adjustment of the window size like in Excel to allow me to stretch it wide enough to read the file name. And there if you hover your cursor over the file name, it does not pop up the complete file name to read. The only way that I can read the file name is to actually open the fille. When the only difference in the file names may be the last few digits or letters in the files name, it is tedious to have to open them all. The only thing that I can do is sort by date and hope that I am close.

Please help...

Thanks, Alan

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution
Dropboxer

Re: Text size

Hey Alan, 

Thanks for posting your question. 

Currently, there is no way to accomplish this on our website. This is a great idea, however, and I’m passing it on to our web team! 

A work-around for this would be to use our desktop application. With your Dropbox account fully synced, you can view your content through your computer’s file system, and easily resize the columns to show the full filenames. 

I hope this helps!

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly!
slightly smiling face

8 Replies
Highlighted
Solution
Dropboxer

Hey Alan, 

Thanks for posting your question. 

Currently, there is no way to accomplish this on our website. This is a great idea, however, and I’m passing it on to our web team! 

A work-around for this would be to use our desktop application. With your Dropbox account fully synced, you can view your content through your computer’s file system, and easily resize the columns to show the full filenames. 

I hope this helps!

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly!
slightly smiling face

Level 5

Thank you. I went to the Windows Store and downloaded the App version of Dropbox. I like it very much.

I received a notification about the PC version being undated. I like the changes, but still would like to see a way that you could see the full length of the file name. If it is by changing the width of the field or by a pop-up when the cursor is hovering over the name. Either way will work.

But I am happy using the App right now.

Thanks again.

Alan

Dropboxer

Hey @designman63,

Would you mind taking a minute of your time to fill out a survey sharing your experience using our Dropbox Community?

Click here to access the survey.

Thank you!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

If you find my post helpful your Kudos  are appreciated!

If it answered your question, please mark White check mark Accept as Solution below so other users can find it quickly!  slightly smiling face  

Level 2

I use the app but have a few different accounts, so need to use the website too. The change in font size is very frustrating, its so big! You can only see about 30 characters. A hover function would be a workaround but not really satisfactory when you've got loads of files. The other columns are also not particularly useful all of the time, is there a way you could hide members and modified to give more space?

Apple get around it by constanating the middle of the file name so you can see the beginning and end, this seems to give you a better idea of the file with less characters, but again, you sometimes just need to be able to see more.

Will

Dropboxer

Hey @wilfredsouth welcome to our forum! 

Those are all great suggestions, and I’m passing them on to our developers. We love to get feedback from users like you, so if you have any thoughts or comments on our service, by all means, let us know winking face

Cheers

slightly smiling face

Level 5

I just wanted to say thank you to those who responded to my problem. I took the advice to download and use the Dropbox App. It seems to be working better, but still could be tweeked.

I do hope that the program team will continue to improve the programs. There was a couple suggestions that would be nice to see incorporated into the next update.

I did fill out a survey, but do not know if it gets posted.

Thanks again.

Dropboxer

I’m glad to hear that you found our forum helpful! 

Anytime you have a suggestion, idea, or issue (knock on wood), please let us know. We’ll be happy to hear from you winking face

Cheers

slightly smiling face

Dropboxer

Hey guys ( @designman63 @wilfredsouth )

I’ve been checking on some older topics, and came across this one. One thing I failed to mention here, as a workaround for viewing long file names, is to change the zoom level on your browser. Of course, this can only work until the text gets too small to read nerd face

Cheers!

slightly smiling face