Dropbox Connect NYC and SF Join Now!

Adding existing documents to Paper

SOLVED
2 Comments
2 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2

Adding existing documents to Paper

I have written a document complete with tables, images etc which I would like to share with other users via Paper. Is there any way to add this document to Paper or would I be better off creating a shared folder and moving this document to that folder?

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Dropboxer

Re: Adding existing documents to Paper

Hello!

At the moment it is not possible to import a document into Paper but as a workaround you can:

1) Open your document locally and selecta all -> copy all the content in the document

2) Create a new Paper document , then paste the content in it.

Some formats may be the same , some may not depending on the formatting of your original document.

Using Paper you can collaborate with your friends online on this document, while uploading it into a shared folder will not make it a Paper document but a text document, a regular files in your Dropbox.

Paper is a Dropbox product and you need a Dropbox account to access it, however at the moment Paper docs cannot be stored in your regular folders in Dropbox and treated as ....

Thanks!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

If you find my post helpful your Kudos  are appreciated!

If it answered your question, please mark White check mark Accept as Solution below so other users can find it quickly!  slightly smiling face  

2 Replies
Solution
Dropboxer

Hello!

At the moment it is not possible to import a document into Paper but as a workaround you can:

1) Open your document locally and selecta all -> copy all the content in the document

2) Create a new Paper document , then paste the content in it.

Some formats may be the same , some may not depending on the formatting of your original document.

Using Paper you can collaborate with your friends online on this document, while uploading it into a shared folder will not make it a Paper document but a text document, a regular files in your Dropbox.

Paper is a Dropbox product and you need a Dropbox account to access it, however at the moment Paper docs cannot be stored in your regular folders in Dropbox and treated as ....

Thanks!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

If you find my post helpful your Kudos  are appreciated!

If it answered your question, please mark White check mark Accept as Solution below so other users can find it quickly!  slightly smiling face  

Level 2

Hi Alex,

Thanks for that, that was very helpful. That's a good workaround but I will probably just stick to a shared folder until Dropbox and Paper are fully integrated.

Thanks again,

Brian