cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to add anchor links within Dropbox Paper?

Is there a way to add anchor links within Dropbox Paper?

linda_keating
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I see another user asked this question in August but there is no response, so I'm going to ask the question again, in the hopes that it comes to someone's attention.

Is there a way to add anchor links within Dropbox Paper.  I understand that the headings that are hidden and then animate out from the left hand side act as links to section within the document, but what I'm looking for is a way to say select some text within a paragraph such as `read more here` and that text is linked to a section within the document. 

This was a feature that was available in Hackpad but as far as I can see is not available in Paper?  Am I correct?  Or am I missing the feature somewhere?  

Many thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
It isnt available I'm afraid.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
It isnt available I'm afraid.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

linda_keating
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Aw that's a shame - it would be a great feature. Especially when collaborating on documents. If User A asks a question, User B could easily direct User A to where the answer is within the document.

Any chance there are plans to add this feature in the future?

allisonperlis
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Seconded! I am no fan of google docs but my company works on big projects that end up being very long so those in-doc bookmarks are vital for navigation.

papercut
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
add to 'share ideas' tab

---

links to 'section headings' are fine

stop writing so much useless text and this won't be a problem

Zuccs
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

You can anchor link by copying the link address of an item in the Table of Contents and using it as a hyperlink inside your document. 

BigTed
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi Zucss,

Thanks, but I  don't fully comprehend what you mean. Any chance that you can rephrase that?

Zucc
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hey BigTed,

Yeah! 

When in a paper doc, if you hover over the left side of the doc, you can see the Table of Contents (more detail here #9). Once you hover over the specific item in the table of contents– right click>copy link address. 

Now that you have the link address copied you can use it as an anchor link. 

Highlight the text that you want to link to the specific section of the document (eg. "See Section 04" – where the text would link you down to 'Section 04' in the document). Tap the 'create link' and paste your copied link address.

Now that link should take the user directly to the specified chapter in the document.  

Also included a little gif in here – hopefully that helps: 
https://paper.dropbox.com/doc/How-to-Anchor-Link-in-Paper--AMbJWG3PrDP5GXXED6nZR1lnAg-RffpCl8Eksrkvy...

BigTed
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Awesome, thanks Zucc!!

awking020881
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Yes, you can! I just discovered it a few minutes ago. Dropbox Paper automatically creates a jumplink when you format the text anywhere in your doc to H2 (heading 2). After you make it H2, a link symbol pops up beside it, asking if you want to copy the link. I copied the link and pasted into the browser and the link automatically jumped me to the H2 text I formatted. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

awking020881 New member | Level 2
    BigTed Explorer | Level 4
    Zucc New member | Level 2
    Zuccs New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?