yes

12 Comments
2 Likes
Highlighted
Level 4

Can't browse dropbox files with Firefox 63.0

Step to reproducs:

• add dropbox files in paper document
  • click on the link "Paste a dropbox link or browse your files"...the browse your files part

Expected behaviour: I should be able to click the link and see the popup showing my files

What I get: can't click the link, I get a text cursor blinking instead.

Works on Chrome

Tags (2)
12 Replies
Dropboxer

Re: Can't browse dropbox files with Firefox 63.0

Hey @gasparov, since it works on another browser, it seems that it would be browser specific. 

The first thought that popped into my head is to check if it works in private browsing mode, and ensure that you don’t have any browser extensions running. slightly smiling face

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 4

Hi @Lusil,

thanks for the answer. The problem is still there in "Safe Mode", that means with all extensions disabled. To be more accurate I'm using latest 63.0.3 firefox (64 bit)

Cheers

Dropboxer

Thanks for the swift reply, @gasparov

In this case, since it seems to be browser-specific, I’d kindly recommend contacting them directly, as they may be able to provide you with more info on the matter. 

Let me know how it goes! grinning face with smiling eyes

Lusil

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Super User II

It shouldn't be on the end-user to contact another company when your product isn't working correctly in their browser. Dropbox should be testing this and resolving the matter themselves.

To confirm, this is an issue in Firefox, and not just the latest version. I run the latest version (v63.0.3) as well as the last legacy version (v56.0.2) and the issue can be reproduced in both.

Level 4

It must be a change in paper then because it used to work fine in firefox...

To be honest I didn't understand "contact them", I tought the meaning was "dropbox team". I'm not gonna ask mozilla to fix anything, expecially because it used to work, dropbox should fix it.

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me on this, @gasparov

In order to further investigate on this then, I’ve made sure to send you an email to the email address associated with your Forum profile. 

Please check your inbox for my latest message and we’ll take it from there. Thanks!

Lusil

Level 2

Yep, I see the exact same thing happening on FF64. Maybe something to do with this JS error?

Content Security Policy: The page’s settings blocked the loading of a resource at inline (“script-src”). chooser:2:13676

Dropboxer

Hi @lkraav! Thanks for the additional feedback on this, much appreciated.

We can further investigate this, but we’d have to move this discussion to email due to sensitive info that may be required. For this reason, I’ve gone ahead and contacted you to the email address connected with your Forum profile. At your convenience, please check for my latest message. 

Cheers!

Lusil

Level 4

Lusil...
   there is no point in asking people to go "private" and then ask them with a copy and paste message to send you a screencast. I've been using bug tracking system for quite sometime and and this is simply stupid. That freaking thing doesn't work, it should open a link and it doesn't.

Dropbox Paper

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help you find an answer!
You won’t have to wait too long for a reply, but why not learn more about the Community while you’re here.

Not the right discussion for you? Find out what else our Community has to say about Dropbox Paper.

Or, search our Help Center for even more.

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post