Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Can you create columns of text in a dropbox paper file?

Level 2

I am wondering if you creat multiple columns of text on a Dropbox Paper file. Right now it seems that when you add text it can only be formatted to go from the left all the way to the right of the page. Does that make sense?

With colums you could creat a more magazine style layout with a column of text with images next to it, etc. 

Tags (2)
3 Replies

Re: Can you create columns of text in a dropbox paper file?

Dropboxer
Hey there, @Tadje

The first thought that came to my mind was adding images to your Paper doc. This automatically pushes text to be above/below the image, or next to it.

You can sort the positioning of the image on your Paper doc from the options given when you click on the picture:
Positioning an image.png
The other thought that came into my mind was to insert a table into your Paper doc, which would, by default, create columns in your Paper doc. 

I hope this helped to some extent. grinning face Let me know if you have any other questions or if I missed something! 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

Level 6

I've just come across this thread... I'd like to have multi-columns as well!

So far I've used the two approaches suggested above:

• having an image doesn't always make sense
  • using tables, even if a bit cumbersome, works fine but I wish the borders could be hidden

@Lusil: do you have any idea if the ability to limit text to a part of a document will ever be considered?

Dropboxer
Hey @Stefano T.3, the dev team is working on implementing additional improvements, but we don’t have a timeline to share yet. 

In any case, I’ve made sure to share your thoughts with them for future consideration. If you have any other comments, don’t hesitate to give me a shout. Have a wonderful weekend ahead! grinning face with smiling eyes

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Dropbox Paper

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Can you create columns of text in a dropbox paper file?
3 Replies
3 Likes
Solved! : See solution