cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Changing owner of Dropbox Paper Doc b/w business and personal accounts

Changing owner of Dropbox Paper Doc b/w business and personal accounts

zwilson
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Really loving Paper! It's the closest thing to my vision of a perfect collaboration tool! I recently created and linked(?) a business account to my Personal Dropbox. Now I've unintentionally created and added collaborators (clients!) to a business-related Paper Doc in my Personal Dropbox account. This has confused my clients because my Personal Dropbox account is associated with my personal email address rather than my business email address. Is there any way to change ownership of this Doc to my business account so my clients aren't confused about who they are collaborating with preferably in a more elegant way than copy/pasting into a new Paper Doc or having to resend notifications (just future notifications, thanks :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )? Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide.

14 Replies 14

AP-AOT
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same issue here. 

Just moved over to my Dropbox business account on business email and trying to transfer my docs over. I can't see the options when following the thread.

Thank

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @AP-AOT, @MH82 & @toiletgtanny, thanks for flagging that you’re unable to transfer your Paper doc ownership & please accept my apologies for any frustration previously caused. Please note that this is currently available to members of a Dropbox Business team. If you're not a member or admin on a Dropbox Business team, you won't be able to transfer ownership of a Paper doc.

I’ve amended my earlier reply to reflect this & this resource can be used as a point of reference for anyone else visiting the same conversation in the future. Thanks again to all for your cooperation!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

JT I.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Yeah I hope someone removes this forum topic, as it's misleading, untrue, and frustrating. Searching for this issue you see this page called: 

Changing owner of Dropbox Paper Doc b/w business and personal accounts
[SOLVED]

However after reading through everyone's post you come to realize, that this is not solved here AT ALL. YOU CAN NOT CHANGE OWNERSHIP OF A PERSONAL PAPER DOC TO YOUR BUSINESS ACCOUNT WITH DROPBOX. Don't get led by the SOLVED tag on this post. Even though dropbox team has made this common sense feature to work, they have only made it work if you pay them. So the only thing that works, for us pleebs, is copy/paste between the two accounts, and let go of any document comments.... they are now part of the past.

TMA1
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I hope they embed changable ownership for free account. Because I and my team are new to dropbox and paper, and try to test these apps. But we have faced wiht the problem that Boss of team should be owner but only technical staff can set up docs, I mean import many kind of docs like forum posts, to-do lists, old evens etc. After all, tech staff became the owner of those Paper docs at first, so then? We now compromise ask boss to make a folder to become the owner of the folders, not files.

JasonBriscoe
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Asking the same question here – I cannot seem to change ownership either.

Need more support?