cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I disable Paper?

How can I disable Paper?

Keith M.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I signed up for Paper just to try it. My personal Dropbox Pro account became a Paper account and is no longer working the way I want it to (for example, camera uploads from a Nexus 6P no longer work).

I want to remove Paper and have my account just go back to being a normal personal Dropbox Pro account like it used to be. But I can't find any way to remove Paper from my account. "You can check in any time you want but you can never leave - The Eagles"

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

BenDBX
Community Manager
Go to solution

Hi @chris-dura 

Disabling Paper and exporting will not trigger file deletion. You can re-enable Paper and your documents will be there. I hope this helps!

Regards,

Ben

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

That isnt Dropbox paper, thats because you've become part of a Team. Paper doesn't alter anything. 

You need to leave the Team. See https://www.dropbox.com/help/9124

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Keith M.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Mark

Thanks. I joined the Paper trial and set up the team at the same time - so got them mixed up as being integrated. Now I have left the team the Android app again offers to backup my photos automatically and all is now well. Thanks for setting me straight. I will now read more about how teams work and how they interact (or don't) with Paper.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

No hassle 🙂

Paper is a totally independent product so it doesn't change/alter anything within Dropbox. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Logan R.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Mark Mc, you're a saint. Thanks!

chris-dura
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hello,

I want to batch export all my Team's Paper docs to Microsoft Word / Markdown docs as a backup/archive.

I've confirmed we're on "an old release" of Paper, so I'm following the appropriate "Export all docs" instructions here:
https://help.dropbox.com/security/admin-settings-business-teams#enable?fallback=true

However, my question is... after disabling Paper and exporting all the docs... I'll want to re-enable Paper so my Team can continue to use it and add new docs.

I assume the Paper docs I just exported will *still* be there after re-enabling, and don't disappear after exporting or disabling Paper?

BenDBX
Community Manager
Go to solution

Hi @chris-dura 

Disabling Paper and exporting will not trigger file deletion. You can re-enable Paper and your documents will be there. I hope this helps!

Regards,

Ben

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

BenDBX Community Manager
    chris-dura Explorer | Level 4
    Logan R. New member | Level 1
    Mark Super User II
    Keith M. New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?