cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Calling Dropbox users in New York city! Read more

Dropbox Paper + LaTeX equations (math environment)

4 Comments
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Level 2

Dropbox Paper + LaTeX equations (math environment)

Hello!

I just received an invite to use Dropbox Paper and I almost fell out of my chair when I saw that you guys have inserted the LaTeX support on it! By simply typing $$ I can write Math equations. As a Math teacher, I am very pleased right now!

I do have one question though: Since most of the exercises I elaborate have multiple lines on their solution (in which I use align or equation), I cannot type for example

\begin{align*}
\lim_{x \to 0} \frac{x^2}{1-cos(x)} &= \lim_{x \to 0} \cancelto{0/0}{\frac{x^2}{1-cos(x)}} \\
&= \stackrel{L'H}{=} \lim_{x \to 0} \frac{[x^2]'}{[1-cos(x)]'}\\
&= \lim_{x \to 0} \cancelto{0/0}{\frac{2x}{sin(x)}} \\
&\stackrel{L'H}{=} \lim_{x \to 0} \frac{[2x]'}{[sin(x)]'} \\
&= \lim_{x \to 0} \frac{2}{cos(x)} \\
&= 2
\end{align*}

Is there a way to do that? Or was that feature not built inside Dropbox Paper?

Thank you.

4 Replies
Dropboxer

Re: Dropbox Paper + LaTeX equations (math environment)

Hi there,

Thanks for posting on Dropbox Forum!

We're so happy that you're excited for the new LaTeX feature. slightly smiling face 

Please have a look at this link https://khan.github.io/KaTeX/. It may help address your question.

Thank you,

Vivian

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly!
slightly smiling face

Level 2

Hi Vivian, how are you?

I am not ure how this link would be helpful. I understand that KaTeX is a solution for browsers but, what I am asking is about the possibility of typing multiline, robust LaTeX equations on Dropbox Paper.

Best Regards.

Level 4

Using the aligned (\begin{aligned}) environment would render the equation itself multiline with proper aligning around the &= but I'm not sure if it's possible to enter line breaks in the code for the equation (which means it would quickly become very unreadable). There's also this not-terribly-up-to-date list of functions that KaTeX supports.

Level 2

Thank you Nielz, I believe that the bottom line, as you said, is that there is no way to break a line.

Best Regards!