I have installed Dropbox on Linux-Mint 17.3, using the repo-based installation (as recommended) rather than the newer .deb available on the dropbox site.
It is running (/home/edwin/.dropbox-dist/dropbox-lnx.x86_64-4.4.29/dropbox) and appears as an icon in the system tray; however it does not respond to either left clicks or right clicks.
Using the CLI, the responses are as follows:
1. dropbox status Can't monitor Dropbox folder (Click to fix) \\What to click? Can't access Dropbox folder Syncing (24 files remaining)
2. dropbox running No reponse
3. dropbox start Dropbox is already running!
4. dropbox filestatus The dropbox directory is the only one syncing
5. dropbox start Dropbox is already running!
6. dropbox ls ~/Dropbox/ All the directories symlinked from inside the dropbox directory plus the other items placed in the dropbox cloud from elsewhere
If anything, I'd say I have one way sync only, not quite what I'm after.
Would appreciate any suggestions.
Go to Solution.
Edwin, did you ever manage to resolve this? Apparently having the same problem here.
No I didn't; I just gave up and used Google Drive instead.