cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

Export PDF with section breaks as new pages?

Level 2

Is there any way to either insert a page break or export a paper document with certain lines starting at new pages (besides randomly adding a bunch of blank lines until it looks about right)?

14 Replies

Re: Export PDF with section breaks as new pages?

Dropboxer

Hey there @meowstlin - how are you today?

From what I understand you're exporting Paper docs to PDF  and you'd like to have some lines in the beginning of your pages.  

I am not sure if this works for you, yet, have you tried inputting line breaks by pressing the dash button 3 times consecutively or just once or twice and then enter.

Give this a go and let me know if it works for you or provide me with some more information (or even screenshots?) to show what exactly you'd like to see impemented. 

Thanks in advance for your response.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 2

Hi @Walter,

I'm not really looking to enter line breaks, but page breaks instead. I understand that these breaks make presentation mode easier. Is there a way to export the presentation mode formate as a pdf? Basically I was hoping that I could export a pdf with specified page breaks, but right now if I do that with the line breaks, the lines just appear in the middle of the page of the pdf.Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 10.35.46 AM.pngWhat lines look like on an exported pdf

Level 2

I am also having this same issue - when I try to export Paper to pdf, as I cannot see the page break, it is difficult to know how to fit anything nicely by page. Sometimes there will be a header at the end of the first page & I want to format that the header appears on the second page. 

However, currently I have to export to pdf, make a judgement call to make changes then re-export it to see if it is correct.

Dropboxer

Thank you for the feedback on this one @erg1 - most appreciated.

Would it be OK if I reached out via email to your Dropbox associated address so we can have a further look into this with all of my tools available? 

Walter

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Level 2

Same for me. Just started to look for any helpful tips and have ended up here reading through.

Dropboxer

Sorry to hear that @elliothr  - I've just sent you an email so we can work on this internally with all of my tools available (and escalate it to an expert of my team who specializes in this kind of issues if needed).

Take a look at your inbox (ticket with ID: 8943058 ) and we'll take it from there.

Thanks!

Walter

I am facing issue for format page in export pdf

I am new in Dropbox Paper and writing my first technical document. 
Please check this link for my issue. 
https://screenpresso.com/=qSaRd
@walter I read you replies above and that is not working for me
Can you please take a look and improve this ?
I want those new points in new page and Dropbox paper doesn't shows when the page is over just like word so it is happening during export PDF. 
Is there any solutions to this ? 

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Dropboxer

Sorry to hear that @tejasm-itpath

As I can't open the link you provided for security reasons and since I want help as much as I can with this, I've just reached out to your Dropbox associated email address so we can have a further look into this with all of my tools at my disposal.

Take a look at my message (ticket with ID:8999190 ) and we'll take it from there.

Cheers!

Walter

2019-03-12_14h37_24.png

Please check this image

Dropbox Paper

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Export PDF with section breaks as new pages?
14 Replies
1 Like
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post