cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

[Feature Request] Can we hide completed tasks on Paper?

Level 6

Is there a way to hide things that you've checked off in your dropbox paper files? Our task lists are getting long and messy, and I don't want to delete notes but if I could hide items that are checed off — I could efficiently see what is still left on the to-do list. 

8 Replies

Re: Hide Checked Items

Super User

If you go to your tasks page (top right of window, checkmark icon) you will see only outstanding tasks by default, and you can filter for due dates, assigned persons, completed tasks, tasks by document etc)

Luke 

Level 6

Thanks, yeah, I've been using that — but I don't believe we can edit within it. When you're the project manager of the page, being able to turn off all the checked off items to review and edit existing tasks would be great. 

Super User

Oh yes I get you now.

Would be a good feature, you can make a feature request if you like... I also think it makes sense, like a todo app, that you can 'log'/'hide' done tasks, otherwise a doc can turn into a chaos of strikethroughs...

Level 6

Exactly, between strikethroughs and connected comments, it gets a bit messy. But I don't want to delete them because the comments often have info I need or I don't remember why we made a descision, so I go back to them. 

I'll request the feature, thank you for suggesting that! 

Re: [Feature Request] Can we hide completed tasks on Paper?

Level 4

I support this. I would like to toggle on off completed tasks within a document, not only in the tasks view.

Level 6

I created a Paper Document and have shared it here on the forum that illustrates one way to workaround Mowglistudio's question about hiding completed tasks.  The solution uses the formatting headers which are built-in to paper's toolset, drag-and-drop, and disclosure triangles.

Perhaps this example will be helpful to workaround you issues with what to do with completed tasks.

Please feel free to comment here in the forum on my example Paper document itself.

Level 6

I didn't know the triangle function was there, that's great. The only issue I have is often I'm redesigning a website for a client. So the breakdown of tasks is more detailed than this.

For example: 

ABOUT PAGE (H2 header, triangle action, awesome!)
√ task one
√ task two
√ task three

ABOUT PAGE/MISSION SUBPAGE (bold header, not H2 header)
√ task one
√ task two
√ task three

So if I use the triangle function — it's an entire tab of a website vs just one page. If that makes sense. It would be cool if we could decide which section gets the triangle function.

Thank you for teaching me something I didn't realize was there though!

Level 6

The disclosure triangle function is available for both the Large Header format and the Medium Header format.  So if you were able to design your task list to work for you within those headers then perhaps it could be helpful for you.  

Also, tasks can be indented using the <tab> button on your keyboard...you could also make a further distinction between groups of tasks by indenting if that visual discinction would be helpful.

So in your example, perhaps the <pagename> would be formatted with the Large header.  Then you could have a Medium Header "Completed Tasks" section underneath <pagename> in which you could drag the tasks as they were completed?

Dropbox Paper

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

[Feature Request] Can we hide completed tasks on Paper?
8 Replies
10 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post