cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Known issues updated. Learn more

Help us improve our online support experience by taking our short survey!

yes

Highlighted

Folders, files and workflow query

Level 4

Hi, I think DBP is a great tool, but one thing I am finding really difficult is getting a seamless way of working with multiple files, projects and to do lists. I work in a small agency, but working between files, prioritising tasks isn't as straight forward as I'd like, and this is where I think the Kanban style of working is needed.

Any thoughts on your workflow/tips would be greatly appreciated.

Tags (2)
5 Replies

Re: Folders, files and workflow query

Dropboxer
Hey there (@Nsmith478), I appreciate it that you took a bit of your time to drop us a line at the Dropbox Community; I have an idea that could be helpful & we can take it from there. 

For starters, I’m wondering if you’re currently utilizing tables, where you’ll be able to adjust cells (that you can treat as boards) according to your needs, assigning tasks & ownership along the way, in order to keep everyone on the same page. You may find some tips on this resource that could help you get started with that. 

From there, if you don’t mind me asking, I’d like to focus on the practical aspect of your inquiry & I’m here to further advise you on the matter. For that reason, can you elaborate a bit on what would be the ideal end-result to you? What seems to be the source of your concern?  

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 4

Hi Jade,

thanks for the speedy reply. I will check out the tools and tips you've suggest, and I'm also aware that this question has possibly been asked countless times already so I will go through the forum and see if anything comes close.

The source of my concern is that I recently moved from notion, and the flexibility/customisabiltiy of that platform surpassed many competitors, albeit a little cumbersome and overwhelming. My concern is just unsersanding how DBP can be best used to suit my needs. But like I said I will check out your options above and surely these will give me a clearer focus.

Dropboxer

I'm also aware that this question has possibly been asked countless times already so I will go through the forum and see if anything comes close.

I haven’t actually been able to locate a similar thread  @Nsmith478 (meaning that your question has been interestingly novel indeed), however we do have some available resources that could be worth looking into (& that’s merely why I asked you how you’ve pictured it in your mind). From there, based on my limited experience, each inquiry pertaining to organizing one’s workflow is unique, simply because each one of us has a different model in mind when we’re (re-)arranging our tasks. 

Please have a look at our resources at your earliest convenience & it’ll be a pleasure to work on that with you whenever you have some spare time! 

Jane

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Level 4

Thanks Jane,

Yes, I will take a look at resources etc to get a better understanding. But similar to trello, there are tons of examples of a users workflow, and as you've said, every workflow is unique, I guess I would like to see examples of a 'real-life' workflow (a little more than the already templated options) — this way I can under stand the 'folders/docs' a little better.

Dropboxer

Sure, I’m always here (@Nsmith478); let me know how it goes & we’ll take it from there! chart with upwards trend

Jane

Dropbox Paper

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Folders, files and workflow query
More about this post
5 Replies
1 Like
Solved! : See answer
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post