cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Paper App: highlight text

How can I highlight text in Paper?

Ignem
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi,
Any way to highlight a text from the Paper app?
Thx.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi @Ignem! I just wanted to add my two cents on this too. 

I wasn’t able to highlight some text via the Paper mobile app like I can via the website, unless I added a comment on that selected text. Nonetheless, I’d be more than happy to pass your comments along to the dev team for future consideration. 

In the mean time, if you have any other thoughts or questions, don’t hesitate to get back to us! :grinning:

P.S. In case you want to add a comment via the Paper mobile app, you can do so by the following:
  1. Select the text you want to add the comment on. 
  2. Tap on the option Comment.
  3. Type in your comment. 
  4. Select the upwards arrow that’s on your typing bar.

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Chris_J
Super User
Go to solution

Hello lgnem

yes you can,  on a desktop, you can select the text you wanted highlighted and a options panel should show up and you can select the pencil icon then it can highlight it. Or press option E.  You might be wondering how on a mobile app, then I don't know how as I am trying now to see.

what device are you using to highlight?

-------------------------

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

Ignem
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
I use an iphone X. My question is that I do not find it is the option to highlight from the Paper app itself in iOs. I do not know if there will be any shortcut or combination of characters that can do it. For other cases such as the horizontal divisor I know there are solutions (- + line break for example) but to highlight it I can not find it.

Thank you.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi @Ignem! I just wanted to add my two cents on this too. 

I wasn’t able to highlight some text via the Paper mobile app like I can via the website, unless I added a comment on that selected text. Nonetheless, I’d be more than happy to pass your comments along to the dev team for future consideration. 

In the mean time, if you have any other thoughts or questions, don’t hesitate to get back to us! :grinning:

P.S. In case you want to add a comment via the Paper mobile app, you can do so by the following:
  1. Select the text you want to add the comment on. 
  2. Tap on the option Comment.
  3. Type in your comment. 
  4. Select the upwards arrow that’s on your typing bar.

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Ignem
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks for the trick.

At least that way I get that text is highlighted.

The reason for highlighting it is to bring a "content version control", so the rest of the team can see the content that I added new in a visually fast way.

A greeting.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Glad to have helped, @Ignem

As mention before, if there’s anything else you’d like to forward, just give me a shout. In the mean time, have a lovely day ahead! :sunglasses:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

ABrewer
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am also trying to highlight text in Dropbox Paper. When I highlight text, I can't get an options panel to show up. I'm using Windows and when I press Cntl + E it goes straight to a Google Search.

AmauryF
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Lusil, in Dropbox Paper on desktop, how can one highlight text in yellow? I've done it previously, but I can't seem to be able to do it again, as if the functionality of Paper has changed. Thanks in advance! - Amaury

lukeyo
Super User
Go to solution

To get 5 different highlight colours, just click the highlight icon (looks like a marker) on the formatting pop-over that appears after you have selected some text

lukeyo
Super User
Go to solution

yes that will happen on chrome i believe. but you can still highlight text - just use the icon of a marker on the formatting bar that appears when you select text.

Need more support?