cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: track paper changes

How can I track changes on Paper?

LYOF
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

How can I track changes in a Paper document? I don't just want to see previous edits - which make it near impossible to find what changes have been made - I want to see edits MARKED in a colour. Is this an option currently?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there @LYOF!

You can track changes in a Paper doc by clicking on Doc history and, for example, I can see my edits highlighted by a green color.

For this reason, could you please specify what it is you’re seeing and, if this isn’t what you’re looking for, what you’d like instead?  

Thanks in advance! :upside_down:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there @LYOF!

You can track changes in a Paper doc by clicking on Doc history and, for example, I can see my edits highlighted by a green color.

For this reason, could you please specify what it is you’re seeing and, if this isn’t what you’re looking for, what you’d like instead?  

Thanks in advance! :upside_down:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

joshimali
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I can see the changes in the Doc History; but, how do I track changes I want the other party to see what changes I made on their article.. .

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Changes can be viewed from Doc history by owners and editors (excluding those who can only comment from the permission settings). 

Furthermore, if the other user is following this Paper doc, they’ll receive an email notification with changes that have occurred.

You could also notify them of changes that occurred in the Paper doc manually by adding a comment

Hope this helped to some extent! :grinning:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Tcolbert
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Much how a name can be connected with a certain change in a collabortive document (in the left margin), is there a way to also have dates displayed as to when edits were made. So that everyone can see, simply, when an edit was made?

lukeyo
Super User
Go to solution

If you look in 'Doc History' you'll see names and times of all the changes.

Need more support?