cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete a document on Dropbox Paper?

SOLVED
5 Comments
2 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 4

How to delete a document on Dropbox Paper?

I could have sworn there was a delete option on Dropbox Paper for the Web, but now, all I see is "Archive", which does nothing. On the Android app there's a delete option, but not on Chrome on my laptop. Am I missing something? Also, is there a way to "Start Fresh" and bulk delete everything on my Paper account?

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Super User

Re: How to delete a document on Dropbox Paper?

Mike K.31 wrote:

My documents aren't archived. The "Delete" option just isn't there. I don't need to restore them, because they aren't archived -- and I don't want to restore them because I just created a document that I wish to delete, but all I see is the Archive option. Thanks anyway, 310EL. Was just hoping to delete everything altogether off of my account.

Hello, Mike...

Did you scroll towards the bottom of the article I posted in my previous post?  If not... do so, it explains how to permanently delete a doc.

After I archive the document using Chrome, I check-mark the document then the permanently delete option appears on the right-hand side of the monitor (or you can click-on the archived doc and a screen will ask to restore or permanently delete it).

If image doesn't load... refresh your browser, F5. Otherwise try again later

5 Replies
Level 4

My documents aren't archived. The "Delete" option just isn't there. I don't need to restore them, because they aren't archived -- and I don't want to restore them because I just created a document that I wish to delete, but all I see is the Archive option. Thanks anyway, 310EL. Was just hoping to delete everything altogether off of my account.

Solution
Super User

Mike K.31 wrote:

Hello, Mike...

Did you scroll towards the bottom of the article I posted in my previous post?  If not... do so, it explains how to permanently delete a doc.

After I archive the document using Chrome, I check-mark the document then the permanently delete option appears on the right-hand side of the monitor (or you can click-on the archived doc and a screen will ask to restore or permanently delete it).

Level 4

My bad, didn't archive the document first. It's a tad weird to have to archive and then delete, but of course that's not on you, thanks for your help!
Super User

Mike K.31 wrote:
My bad, didn't archive the document first. It's a tad weird to have to archive and then delete, but of course that's not on you, thanks for your help!

Hello, Mike...

No worries, you're welcome.  Thank you for taking the time to mark the post as a solution, I appreciate that a lot.

I look at this way... the steps of archiving documents before being able to check-mark and permanently delete them all act as safeguards against accidentally deleting an important doc too easily.