Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

8 Comments
4 Likes
Highlighted
Level 1

I would like to opt out of dropbox paper

Hi everyone. I've tested dropbox paper for a while and it is useless for my aims. I would to opt out delete everything inside the Paper I created. The problem is that it changes the main name of dropbox in the local hard disk. And I don't want to use this utility anymore.

Please, how can I delete that from my profile definitely?

Thanks

8 Replies
Level 2

Re: I would like to opt out of dropbox paper

I too would like to be able to opt out.

Level 1

I want to opt out too. I never opted in: I just clicked a link that happened to add Dropbox Paper to my account.

Dropbox customer support on Twitter told me I should be able to opt out, so far I've not found a way to do so.

Level 4

Same here, Jurie H. I wanted to see what it was, and now I'm stuck with it. I dislike being added to things. How can I get rid of it without cancelling my account with Dropbox altogether?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Kate D.7

Dropbox Paper is a product from Dropbox but you don't need to use it (or opt-in/out of it). You may be referring to email newsletters or some other communication. You can opt-out from these by clicking on 'unsubscribe' at the bottom of the email or by changing your settings here: https://www.dropbox.com/account/notifications

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 4

Unfortunately not using it won't stop the emails I keep getting telling me how wonderful it is. I'm an author. I deal with a ton of email every day that already interfers with my time to write, and these I don't want. I'm seriously considering moving to a different site. All I really want is backup for my work. I don't have time for this sort of thing.

Super User II

You can turn notifications on and off for all Dropbox emails at www.dropbox.com/account (being honest I'm not sure if it includes Paper ones or not), however, PLEASE do not rely upon Dropbox for backups (as your only backup medium). By all means use it alongside other backup systems.

Dropbox is not a backup medium. Its a syncing program. Especially if (as per your post) you need the works professionally.

See here (https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Syncing-and-uploads/Backup/m-p/279655#M37342) for a discussion on this over the weekend.

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

anonymous
Not applicable

"you don't need to use it"

That's your advice? What a great answer from a community manager.

Edit: Oh, wow, I got like 3 badges for posting this. Good job at making Dropbox bloated, team.

Super User II

@anonymous wrote:

That's your advice? What a great answer from a community manager.

Since Paper isn't something that you opt-in or opt-out of, yes, that's the proper response. It's simply a product/feature that's available to all Dropbox users. If you don't want it, you don't have to use it.

Edit: Oh, wow, I got like 3 badges for posting this. Good job at making Dropbox bloated, team.

Good job at not recognizing the difference between a forum and the Dropbox service. They're separate systems, with the forums running on a third-party application that's unrelated to Dropbox.

Dropbox Paper

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help you find an answer!
You won’t have to wait too long for a reply, but why not learn more about the Community while you’re here.

Not the right discussion for you? Find out what else our Community has to say about Dropbox Paper.

Or, search our Help Center for even more.

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post