cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Submit your story to win a $25 Amazon gift card and a Dropbox hoodie! Ends Nov. 16
Known issues updated Learn more
3 Comments
2 Likes
Level 7

Keep sub Accounts separated, please!

Hello,

this one is incredibly annoying: When you have multiple accounts in Dropbox, Dropbox Paper seems to not be able to properly distinguish them. I work in Paper documents where I *only* want to have my personal account connected to, but all the time my business acount gets involved there as well. Which means that I always make changes to the files as the *wrong* person, and get mail notifications to the *wrong accounts*

One has to always check as which user one is using the doc, and still it’s sending mails to the other account.

Can you please fix this? It’s so annoying that it makes DB Paper almost useless.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted best answer

Accepted Solutions
Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Re: Keep sub Accounts separated, please!

Hi Mark, since Dropbox Paper documents are by default allowing guests to access the document, if you want to prevent yourself from accidentally viewing the doc from your business account, you can restrict the Paper doc to only allow invited users to view it.

Although this won’t prevent the account from attempting to view it, at least the business account won’t be added to the Paper doc.

Hope this helps!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

3 Replies
Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi Mark, since Dropbox Paper documents are by default allowing guests to access the document, if you want to prevent yourself from accidentally viewing the doc from your business account, you can restrict the Paper doc to only allow invited users to view it.

Although this won’t prevent the account from attempting to view it, at least the business account won’t be added to the Paper doc.

Hope this helps!

Jay

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Level 7

@Jay Thank you so much!
This one was incredibly hard to find. I enabled the restriction as you proposed. I hope it works, will see during the next days.

All best!

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Feel free to keep me posted on your experience with this change!

Jay

Dropbox Paper

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help you find an answer!
You won’t have to wait too long for a reply, but why not learn more about the Community while you’re here.

Not the right discussion for you? Find out what else our Community has to say about Dropbox Paper.

Or, search our Help Center for even more.

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post