cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link Preview Not working

Link Preview Not working

Langly
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Whenever I copy a link to a website into my dropbox paper document it doesnt show the link preview. Strangely enough it worked the first couple of times but no longer does. Help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Langly
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

uhhh, so it just sort of worked again. I put another link in then retried the other one. can't really explain it. The link is the same but thanks for the help!

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @Langly,

Could you please provide me with an example of a URL that you're having issues with? Have you also tried adding any other link to see if you are able to have the preview appear? Furthermore, could you check that you don't have any space added before embedding the link into the Paper doc?

Let me know what you find!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Langly
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

uhhh, so it just sort of worked again. I put another link in then retried the other one. can't really explain it. The link is the same but thanks for the help!

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Glad to hear that, @Langly! If you experience the same behavior at any point in time or you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to give us a shout. 

In the meantime, have a wonderful day ahead! :grin:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

davidgor
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Link Preview Not working again!

It worked before, maybe year ago, but not now.

No space before a link, and links works fine, but no preview and no options to turn it on.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Sorry to hear that, @davidgor . 

Have you tried switching to another browser, using incognito and ensuring that you’re not running any browser extensions? 

If the above don’t do the trick for you, could you please clarify if you are copying a URL of another website or a shared link? Are you adding the link to an existing Paper doc? Do you get the same experience when you add it to a new Paper doc?

Any additional info would be very helpful. Thanks!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

davidgor
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hmmm, wierd case.

I have made another doc and previews works fine,

but I tryed to make new docs before my comment, and had the same issue.

But now it works in new docs. 

Thanks

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Happy to help!

Don’t hesitate to get back to me if you have any other questions, @davidgor!

Hope you have a great day! :rainbow:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

GeorgiaSimone
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I am having a similar issue: link previews automatically worked for the first few links I pasted into a doc, but the last two I attempted are just sitting as the html and not converting. 

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there @GeorgiaSimone,

Could you please let me know if you’ve had a look at some initial troubleshooting steps on this? For example: 
  1. Have you tried switching to another browser, ensured that you’re not running any browser extensions, or given a private browser a shot?
  2. Did you check if there are any spaces before pasting the links in?
  3. Are you having the same experience when pasting the links on another browser? 
Let me know and I’ll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropbox Staff
    GeorgiaSimone Helpful | Level 5
    davidgor New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?