cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Moving file from Dropbox Paper to a current regular Dropbox Folder

Moving file from Dropbox Paper to a current regular Dropbox Folder

Raquelita
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello,

I have set up our business accounts on what I thought was Dropbox but it is only visible on Paper. This is no use to our accountant because all shared files from other businesses open together in Paper mixed in with ours.

How can I move the shared files over to Dropbox?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi Raquel, currently it isn’t possible to move or merge Dropbox Paper docs with normal Dropbox folders, though we are looking to improving the integration between the two different systems.

I’ll add your comments to the requests sent to our dev team for their awareness.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi Raquel, currently it isn’t possible to move or merge Dropbox Paper docs with normal Dropbox folders, though we are looking to improving the integration between the two different systems.

I’ll add your comments to the requests sent to our dev team for their awareness.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Raquelita
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Sigh. What a shame!

Thanks very much for the quick response!

LTarbutton
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I would also like to have this functionality when it is available. Our entire company uses Dropbox and I would like to be able to store docs we have created on Paper in a Dropbox folder location. 

emmamoran
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I agree with others that this is a huge missing feature. I have used Dropbox for years and was excited about the introduction of Paper. But now the organization of it all is so confusing. I can't find stuff shared with my team, so I just keep using the "Recent" lists in both "Files" and "Paper" to access whatever I need. And if it's not there, it takes forever for me to find it. Learning that it's because there are literally two different systems gives me some answers, but that's so frustrating from an organizational / operations perspective. Google Drive makes way more sense intuitively with its UX - it's one hub with folders & files, some of which will be uploaded, right next to the others that you're collaborating on.

On a positive note though: the features in Paper are phenomenal. Thank you! I just want it to all be seamlessly connected.

Raquelita
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Totally agree with this! Come on Dropbox!

Sigfried
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This is crazy, so how do I create a file structuire for my paper docs? 

anniecheung
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Paper is a stellar product, but basically feels like a toy without the ability to integrate it into the primary Dropbox structure. 

This is a major deficiency and causes a lot of frustration. It should either be discontinued or integrated.

Fiona
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hello everyone. 

I think this thread gives an answer to your comments here: https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Discuss-Paper/Create-Paper-doc-missing-in-Dropbox-desktop-app/m-p/36...

Cheers!

Fiona
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

johnk1
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Have come up with a simple work around for the issue of putting a dropbox paper document in regular dropbox folder. Not a permant fix but workable.

Create a new word doc in the "regular dropbox folder" that you want to move your dropbox paper document too.  Copy the paper document browser link into the blank doc  . Name the doc file the same as the paper file.  Can now be shared to peoples computer dropbox and linked shared. On a larger scale , with multiple related paper documents , you can place a group of paper document links on 1 word doc page and name same as folder. Not a perfect solution  but at least shows the problem and way forward to making the documents reachable to the end users.

Hope this helps and makes some sence.

Need more support?